I don't want you to think I have forgotten about you....I am still alive and kickin'!!!! By the time I am done with:
- Going to Walmart, Target, Big Lots, the mall, Toys R Us on a daily trip (I feel like)
- Addressing Christmas cards
- Wrapping a present (EVERY time I turn around)
- Riding around looking at Christmas lights
- Making goodies for Carter and Eliza's friends at school
- Decorating the tree and the house
- Baking and decorating cookies
- Making Christmas plans with all family members
- Building gingerbread houses
- Visiting Santa
- Making 500 trips to Hobby Lobby for more tissue paper/wrapping paper/supplies
- Watching all the Christmas specials on TV (and the Biggest Loser Finale)
- remembering to move our Elf on the Shelf ,"Charlie", every night to a new location
- Catching up with some good ole friends while they are in town
As well as...
- Dealing with ANNOYING accountants/examiners this week at work.
- Making a couple of healthy meals for the family
- Making sure the kids take a bath each night
- Returning phone calls
- Trying to have some quality conversations with my husband in the midst of this chaos.
I list all of these things and admit I am just like every other mom in the world. I say all of this not in a complaining way because I wouldn't change a thing! I love every moment we have spent with the kids this holiday season...they are at such fun ages! I wish I could bottle this year's memories up and have them forever! I love all the priceless things Carter says or asks about Santa, I love how Eliza helps Carter find "Charlie" every morning, I adore their innocense of Santa Clause, I love going with Walden to pick out presents for the kids, I love trying to hide all of the gifts, I love thinking about their expressions they will have when they open their gifts....
(Okay. Okay. I am offically crying now and can't finish what all I wanted to say...but all you moms out there know what I am talking about.) I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR...but these are all the reasons I haven't had a chance to blog lately. I promise to do better in '09!
I hope to post again before the time comes, but if I don't....I hope you and your family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!


1 comment:
Whew! I am exhausted from just reading that post. Have a Merry Christmas and give the kids a big hug and kiss!
Post a Comment