Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"The Best Snow Birthday Party Ever!"

Yesterday was Papa's (Scott's) birthday and we had the best day playing in the snow with them. In fact, Carter even said it was "the best snow birthday party EVER!!" We spent the day playing outside, drying clothes, reapplying the outdoor appearal, going back outside, drying clothes again (and repeat about 14 times).

Even though I have turned into much more of a "homebody" these days, I am not one that loves being stuck inside the house for long when it snows. In fact, Sunday I was already getting cabin fever just knowing it was about to snow and I didn't know how long we would be home-bound. But, things turned out just perfectly...the snow was enough to get out to play in, neither Walden and I had to work (which is HIGHLY unusual both of our companies shut down for the day), the kids were old enough to truly enjoy the snow festivies and the snow has lasted a good 48 hours...enough to enjoy but soon enough we can get back to regulary scheduled activities. Now we are looking forward to the 75 degree weather for this weekend....from one extreme to another.












Look at Carter's head....one sweaty boy!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had a ball! I love the sweaty one of Carter at the end...Whit looked just like that when he came in from playing!

Marilyn Crick said...

So Cute, I remember Walden looking exactly that way when playing so hard.