Last night I took Carter to a birthday party for a girl who is in his class. The party was at the..... skating rink! I haven't been there since I was probably HIS age and the funniest thing is it still looks the EXACT same way as I when I last left it. I mean the EXACT same. It was a little surreal to be bringing my very own son to a place I use to go to for birthday parties!
Anyway, I wasn't sure how Carter would do with the whole sport of skating seeing as how he has never been. He definitely showed me he was up for the challenge! He started the evening by hugging the wall and scooting around the rink. He preferred holding on the wall from the outside of the rink since it had carpet and not so slick. By the end of the party, he was skating all by himself on the "slippery" (the word he used) rink floor!! He had an absolute ball and definitely slept good when he got home!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment