Saturday, January 10, 2009

FOUR against ONE

Tonight Walden and I took the kids to Gatti-Town for a little dinner and entertainment filled with carousel rides, arcade games and anything else that could take our money. During supper, Carter started randomly talking about rabbits/bunnies and how we should get one. This conversation led Walden into reminiscing about his rabbit he had growing up, Barney Thumper. (On a side note: I have never been a fan of this creature...they are cute to look at but, for some reason, I am little timid about holding them.) Needless to say, the two boys in my life came up with the idea we should go to a pet shop and look at these adorable little things. Of course, once you tell Carter you are going to do something...he always remembers.

We wrap up at Gatti-Town and head to Petland. We hadn't been in there 5 seconds and both of my kids AND husband are swarming around the rabbit cage trying to decide which one they should hold first. Of course, Carter had to pick the ugliest one in the bunch... a white one with PINK eyes. And, or course, Eliza wanders off to look at the puppies, Walden follows her and Carter looks at me and says, "Here Mommy...you hold it!" Are you kidding me!?!?! I have gone 30 years, never held a rabbit and now how can I turn my sweet little boy down and NOT hold it. I caved in and did so...I have to say it was cute and cuddly AND Walden got a kick out of it when he and Eliza showed back up. To make it even more of a clue that the family (except for me) wants a bunny, Eliza had to give it a kiss before putting it back in a cage. I am unsure if the 3 against 1 vote will win, but tell me this....how do I respond to Carter's statement he made in the car on the way home: "God really wants the Easter Bunny to bring me a bunny." Ugh! I can't argue with God so now it is 4 to 1!!! I think I am going to be losing this battle. We will see what the Easter Bunny decides to bring....we still have time :).

1 comment:

Gamecock Family said...

Uh oh, Jennifer. You better make room in that pretty house of yours for a bunny. I think it's coming soon. Maybe Rafe and I can do that to Cory soon with a cat. We will see! Good Luck!