Sunday, January 18, 2009
Sick child + Cabin Fever = A bunny
As you can tell form the title...the decision has been made...we are now the owners of a bunny (I got out voted). Actually, I did cave in today and here is the reason why...Eliza has been sick since Wednesday with a high fever and a cough. I took her to the doctor and he said it was just viral. She never got better so I took her back on Saturday and it turns out she has a double ear infection and bronchitis. Needless to say, she is on several medicines and we have kept her home-bound since Wednesday. I hate she has been sick for us to have a reason to stay home ALL weekend but I have really enjoyed our hybernation. I have been productive (while she has been napping) by cleaning the house and getting clothes ready for a consignment sale. Meanwhile, Carter and Walden hit a wall today and officially had a HUGE dose of "cabin fever". With so much time on our hands this weekend, the boys had a lot of time to brainstorm what they could do today. So, low and behold, Carter mentioned getting a bunny again. So...Walden thought what better day than today to get it?!?! They drove up to Gastonia, NC (only about an hour away) to get the bunny. Hence the reason I caved in to get a bunny....because they were about to drive me NUTS with their cabin fever :) so I knew it would give them some fresh air to ride up there. So, there you have it. I now announce to you our newest addition, "Reese". I have quickly overcome my uneasiness of holding a rabbit. Reese is actually a cute little thing (I haven't admitted that to Walden yet) and Carter absolutely ADORES her! (Oh yeah..."she" is actually a "he"...Carter truly thinks the woman told him the bunny was a girl even though Walden disagrees and says she said it was a boy...it is easier to agree with Carter.) Eliza loves her as well but she was asleep when I was snapping pictures.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Okay, I have to know...is this an inside bunny?
I've always wanted one, but I don't want to do the house-training, nor do I want a crazy bunny that goes potty all over my house.
I'm not absolutely sure that I wouldn't be allergic to a bunny, either, but it's always been a topic of discussion for the husband and I. We've never gone as far as looking at the bunnies, we just toss the idea around and then someone gets hungry and we realize we don't need another mouth to feed, so we forget it.
BUT, seeing your cute guy makes me want one a bit. You'll have to keep me updated on how things go!
I wish he wasn't so stinkin' cute! GAH!
Post a Comment