Monday, November 24, 2008

10 Years...Yes, 10 Years!

(Side note before I get started on this post: I apologize I am just now posting about things that happened a little over a week ago but last week and this past weekend I have suffered from an ulcer in my eye! Not fun. I felt like I have had a migraine behind my eye..ugh. Much better now though :)!)


Last weekend, Walden had his 10 Year college reunion an the Citadel! We have been planning this weekend for a very long time. If you know any Citadel graduates, you know these reunions are a HUGE deal. Some good friends of ours, Justin and Robin Paulman, flew in from Maryland and stayed with us on Thursday night and all of us headed to Charleston on Friday. It was so much fun meeting a lot of people I have heard about and trying to connect their nicknames (ie "Woman", "L.Z.", etc.) to their real names and faces. With Walden's class being the last graduating class with no females, the hard part for wives is none of us knew anyone (except for the few people we keep up with). It didn't take long to know we all have heard the same stories and realize they are all made of the same mold! If you get a lot of Citadel guys reminscing about their MANY stories ... by the end of the weekend all the wives could recite the stories by heart because we heard them so many times :).

I really had a great time catching up with some old friends we haven't seen in a while, meeting some ones I have always heard about and/or meeting their wives and most of all just spending time with Walden....with no kids :)! Thanks to Nana and Pop Pop for making the weekend possible by keeping the kids ALL weekend.

We had a weekend-long date...just with a lot of friends around! So much fun!

Can't remember the names of the guy in the red shirt or the girl (I met so many people) but the one in the middle is one of Walden's good friends, Cyrus Merritt (lives in Texas now).

Chad Nettles (I think that is his name), Walden, Wes Vicars, Doug Lambert (he gets the "most hilarious award" from me) and Brian Dorsey (aka Anderson Cooper - looks just like him).

Our friends, Chris and Ben Duke, who we use to see ALL the time BK (before kids). Now it takes us seeing them at a reunion. We made a vow last weekend to get together more often.

No comments: