Side notes on the costumes: I was impressed Eliza WANTED to wear her hat the whole time...never wanted to take it off. We borrowed Carter's jersey from a friend of ours. How perfect...C. Jones!! Thanks, Selena, for letting us borrow the jersey. It was a hit!
I have to say my favorite part was the trick-or-treating night. This is the first year Carter actually got into leaving us to run up with his other friends to the houses and said "trick or treat". We did come away with a few memories...
1. Carter knocked on someone's door. When the door opened, the lady gave them a piece of candy. About that time, Carter yelled back at me "Mamma!!!! She is is an old GRANNY!!!!!" I about DIED...literally...this lady is only about 45 years old. Ugh...you had to have been there to appreciate the embarrassment. (What makes it worse is I KNOW the lady...but I don't think she knew Carter was MY son...thank goodness :)!)
2. I forgot to tell you that Halloween night, Carter decided to be Spiderman. He decided being a baseball player for two nights was enough so he wanted to switch things up. Anyway, Carter ran to another house and the lady said, "Oh look...here is Spiderman...how cute!" Carter looked at her and in his matter-of-fact tone said, "Yes, ma'am...but I am not really Spiderman. I am just in a costume. I am not real...don't worry!". Another..."you had to be there" moment to appreciate it.
3. Carter told me when we were almost done with trick-or-treating..."Mommy, I think I have enough candy. I am DONE....this is hard work!" Never in a million years did I think he would ADMIT he had ENOUGH! But, I am glad because it was the truth!
After our night of trick-or-treating, we went to Papa and GiGi's for chili....yum!





Griffin's influence on Carter...USC! Walden wasn't too happy :) but Carter thought it was hilarious!


2 comments:
Cute! Cute!
That little Ragedy Ann is the cutest thing i've EVER seen. I just wanna squeeze her cheeks.
Shelby
Post a Comment