Last night we went to a local charity's fundraiser, Big Thursday. It is one of my favorite events we go to all year. Big Thursday is a one-day long bizaar, silent auction and live auction. I usually help with it but this year but this year I just worked one two-hour shift at the bizaar.
Ou tradition every year is we go to the Lions Club Hot Dog dinner then head to the auction. As usual, it is a great place to see people who are the tried and true "Greerians"...I see people I went to school with to their grandparents. An important preface note here...I know almost 100% people who attend so it is a very safe environment.
While we were at the hot dog dinner, I decided to get up and throw our plates away and Carter and Eliza decided to follow along with me. Of course, I had to stop and catch up with a few people between our table and the trash can. Anyway, when I went to throw the trash away, I looked around and I couln't find Eliza around me. People, it was literally ONE SECOND when I turned my head to actual toss the plates in the trash can. My heart stopped! I started looking everywhere...under tables, back at our table, in the middle of the table aisles...you get my point. (it felt like 5 minutes...in actuallity it was only like 5 seconds). I finally look over at one whole table who is laughing , pointing and saying, "look how cute that little girl is over there." So, of course, I look...and Eliza is at the table of desserts! She has both hands on top of the table, standing on her tippy toes and her eyes barely able to see over the top of the table. This table is not the table of cookies that you get after you down your dog but the table an elderly Lions Club man is selling a bunch of homemade cakes to raise money for their cause. By, the time I get over there, she has almost convinced (by her pointing and grunting to the one she was "eyeing") the man to open one of the cakes and let her have it. Obviously, she was not a happy camper when I calmly pried her hands off the table and took her back to our table. THE GIRL LOVES SWEETS!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment