Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Carter!

Today we are celebrating Carter's 4th birthday! Unbelievable! I cannot believe 4 years has past since he was born!! I am really having a hard time grasping how fast he is growing up. Even though it tugs at my heart strings to see how he has speeded past the phases of baby food, diapers and the general toddler stages, it is neat to hear about his day, go watch him play soccer, see his friendships blossom, etc. He truly is a blessing to our family. Here is a recap to sum up Carter thesse days:
  • He loves Clemson (but also likes to push his Daddy's button and say he is a "Gamecock" fan.)
  • His favorite color is orange (obviously due to Clemson).
  • His favorite clothes are his "comfy clothes".
  • He LOVES to play outside more than watching tv or playing with toys.
  • His favorite foods are grilled cheese, ice cream, carrots, blueberry muffins, goldfish, macaroni and cheese.
  • He loves making Eliza squeal...whether it be from squeezing her to hard or taking her toys from her. What brotherly love :)?!?!
  • He loves watching any sports...right now he is big into baseball.
  • He sleeps well...goes to bed about 8:30 and will sleep until 7:30 or so (on an average day).
  • He still takes occasional naps.

Cute story from the day: This morning, I woke Carter up singing "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...". He was in a dead sleep. As he heard me singing, he smiled as he still had his eyes closed. I said "Guess who is 4 today?". He barely opened his eyes, looked at me, looked at his arms and then his eyes shot WIDE open! He said, "My bones are big, Mommy, since now I am 4!". So, for a few minutes after that he was posing like a muscle-man showing me his new and improved muscles and bones!

Today's festivities included: I made him blueberry muffins for breakfast (one of his favorites). Then we took cupcakes and ice cream to school for him to share with his class. Once I got off work, we went to Sonic to get an orange slush and then went by Dobson's for him to pick out new jibbitz for his crocs (it took him ONE HOUR to settle on 5 different jibbitz). Once Walden got home, Carter decided he wanted Fuddruckers for supper. He ate like a champ! We went home for cupcakes and ice cream (again). Needless to say, he fell fast asleep early tonight after this action-packed day.

His pirate birthday party is this Sunday...check back for another post. We are looking forward to having a good time.



No comments: